- Plan alteration or modification of existing transportation structures.
- Model transportation scenarios, evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development and identify possible solutions to transportation problems.
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure safety or compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Construction plans, design calculations and cost estimations to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices.
- Design and prepare plans for new transportation systems or parts of systems, such as airports, commuter trains, highways, streets, bridges, drainage structures, or roadway lighting.
- Develop plans to deconstruct damaged or obsolete roadways or other transportation structures in a manner that is environmentally sound or prepares the land for sustainable development.